Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I know everyone’s told you this before but it’s actually true. Breakfast gives you the energy to start a new day and it saves you from eating more at lunch. But every country and nationality has its own specific type of breakfast that might seem weird for the others. You don’t believe me?
Here’s a list that will get you to understand what I mean!
1. US – it’s either cereals or pancakes. And they’re delicious!
2. Hawaii – fruit and beagles. Somehow fruits seem normal in this part of the world. And they’re so colorful!
3. China- dumplings, fried sponge cake, rice in vegetable soup, custard bun, porridge. I feel full already!
4. Italy – a strong cappuccino and a delicious croissant represent the perfect way for Italians to start their day.
5. Welsh – Welsh Rarebit also known as cheese on toast. It’s bubbling, delicious and easy to prepare.
6. Germany – wursts, cheese, baked bread and tasty coffee. Need I say more?
7. England – bacon, eggs, sausage, grilled tomato, bread, mushrooms, and black pudding. How much is too much?
8. Bolivia – what do they look like? Like little empanadas. They are very popular in Bolivia and they are normally filled with meat or vegetables.
9. France – The famous croissant strikes again. Combined with butter, crushed almonds, cream or chocolate and a cup of strong coffee or hot chocolate, they represent the perfect French breakfast.
10. Mongolia – in Mongolia you might get fatty, boiled mutton, rice and some milk products for breakfast. So embrace yourself!
11. Argentina – Argentinians do like their “facturas.” These are a very popular breakfast pastry in this country. They look like Danish pastries and are filled with dulce de leche or custard.
12. Turkey – “mixture” is the equivalent of a Turkish breakfast. You’ve got pieces of cheeses, spiced meats, butter, tomatoes, eggs, cucumbers and olives. And Turkish tea of course!
13. Poland – it starts with scrambled eggs, continues with sausage and finishes with potato pancakes. Sounds good!
14. Marocco – bread, jam, cheese and butter. These are the main elements that make a consistent breakfast in Marocco.
15. Pakistan – Aloo Paratha is a type of bread stuffed with vegetables that is often combined with butter and a spicy sauce for a better taste. Great for those who like their breakfast hot!
For me, the English breakfast remains one of the heaviest ones. And while I love the Hawaiian one, I don’t think it has the power to keep me activated for the entire day. For me, the German one is the perfect breakfast. Which one is your favorite?
P.S. As a bonus, watch this hilarious video of American children trying out breakfast meals from around the world. They are the cutest things!