Fly high! This is the tip that I give everyone who wants to see the world and enjoy a nice experience. But sometimes flying can get both boring and extremely painful when we are talking about long hours. How do you survive more than 10 hours in a plane? Honestly, I find it really difficult because being stuck in a box for lots of hours is not comfortable at all.
However, this doesn’t mean that we should see everything in black and white. There are lots of tips that can help passengers have a better flight experience even when they are flying internationally. Take a look at the following tips and see what I’m talking about!
7 Tips for Surviving Long Flights
1. Exit rows – make sure you choose a seat that is located on the exit rows. You might have to pay extra, but it is totally worth it when you will see how good your legs are feeling. Remember that you will be flying for a long time so make sure you choose a seat that will keep you comfortable.
2. Comfortable clothes – wearing comfortable clothes is another great tip when it comes to traveling on long distances. You can wear loose clothes or even pijamas if you want to feel even more comfortable. It’s not a bad idea to bring your own toothpaste, toothbrush and even underwear. Who doesn’t want to freshen up a bit before landing?
3. Airline food – say no to airline food. Most meals offered by airplanes contain a lot of sodium which can dehydrate the body. The good news is that you can bring your own meal or snacks and eat whenever you want without being interrupted. Another great idea is to have a bottle of water and drink regularly from it in order to remain hydrated.
4. No smoking – everyone knows that a smoker who embarks on a long flight will be extremely agitated before, during and after it. In this case you should discuss with a doctor and receive specialized advice or have a nicotine patch or gum and electronic cigarettes close.
5. Hollywood saves you – 10-15 hours can pass extremely hard when you have nothing to do. Actually it can pass excruciating hard! This is why it’s important to have with you everything that can keep your mind busy. Talking from experience, Hollywood blockbusters can make you spend your time in a more relaxing manner. Reading or listening to music are also great ideas!
6. Spread your wings – if the flight is not completely full you can change your seat and lay down, sleeping for a bit. Lots of international flights are not 100% full so after you take off you can move around and find a good seat. Just make sure you wear your seatbelt.
7. Sleep aids – if you have problems sleeping on a plane you should consider a small aid like melatonin or mild sleeping pills. Just make sure you test it before using it on the plane. Getting an adverse reaction while you are on the plane is not something you want.
Long flights can be extremely difficult for those who have health or boredom problems. But if you arm yourself with enough patience and these tips, you can turn a bad experience into an acceptable one. Do you have anything else to add?