We are back to talking about food. It is such a delight to know that you can take advantage of all the diversity in this world. And what is even better is that all this diversity can bring you a lot of joy, especially when it comes to food. Gastronomy is still a magical domain where various combinations are possible and the tastes simply mix together in order to generate unbelievable experiences.
I must admit that up to now I believed that I knew a lot of things about foreign cuisines. After taking the following quiz it turned out I was wrong. If you are just as cocky as me, I suggest you take the following quiz and check for yourself whether you are a bad ass in cuisine or not.
Match the Country with the Cuisine: Pop Quiz
1. Escargot – there is a science that is related to growing snails for food. It’s called heliculture.
2. Massaman Curry – it’s an explosion of tastes that are normally related to spiciness.
3. Patatas Bravas – one clue: these are potatoes. Delicious potatoes.
4. Pie Floater – spoiler alert: this is not the usual Apple pie kind of food!
C. United States
5. Soused Herring – if you are a fan of Jamie Oliver you will surely know the answer.
6. Sarmale – they are pieces of heaven wrapped in tiny pieces of pickled cabbage.
7. Pabellon Criollo
8. Shepard’s Pie – another type of pie that shouldn’t get you thinking about desserts.
9. Pupusa – something like tortilla, but not tortilla.
C. El Salvador
10. Gyro – this country’s food is heaven for meat lovers.
Correct answers: 1. C, 2. B, 3. A, 4. B, 5. B, 6. C, 7. B, 8. C, 9. C, 10. A
So…..how many did you get?