Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth. If you have this problem, that could be the perfect solution for you. But it is important to decide if this treatment could be beneficial for you.
How dental implant works
Are a way to replace lost teeth, so they function as a natural tooth. Can be used to replace a single tooth or also several teeth to hold a fixed bridge. They can also be used to removable partial and full dentures.
Dental Implant Advantages
The dental implants bring many pros with its usage. It could improve your life in a way that you don’t imagine:
- They look like real teeth: this is very important because you won’t even feel that you have an implant there. Instead of this, you will feel like is a normal tooth. The people will also see that is a normal tooth, so you can be more confident about your appearance.
- You will improve your speech: with missing tooth, the speech can be a little poor. The dental implant is made to make you feel comfortable with your mouth in order to speak better.
- Eating: eating will not be a problem with the dental implants. Because they are planted in the mouth, they won’t move and will definitely not cause any problems eating any kind of food. For example, with sliding dentures, you cannot eat certain types of food. You won’t also feel any pain by eating with dental implants.
- It will last very long: if you keep a good dental health, you can be sure that the implant will last a very long time. Even more, it can last a lifetime. You won’t need to be removing the dentures or anything with the dental implants, which can be a little uncomfortable.
To place a dental implant, it is necessary to carry out a surgery. There is always some risk with any type of surgery. These risks are related to the surgery or the tooth restoration.
- Temporary facial bruising
- Bone fracturing in areas where the jaw is thin
- Muscle spasms
- Injuries to the temporomandibular joint