I am addicted to the digestive biscuits from the supermarket. They are just so delicious and I often eat them when I get a craving for something sweet. But I also got these strange stomach aches that determined me to give up on the digestive biscuits. I don’t know if it’s them or me but our relationship is definitely ruined.
So I decided that it’s time for a hardcore cooking lesson. While browsing the Internet I came across a simple and delicious recipe of digestive biscuits with turmeric.
I am sure you all heard about turmeric. Also known as curcuma, this miracle food comes from the same family as ginger. It has a strong color and it is very popular in India. However it has been used all around Asia (from Indonesia to Taiwan) and it is one of the most expensive and highly appreciated spices in the world.
- 1 cup white flour;
- 1/2 cup bran mix (oat bran, psyllium husk and flax seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric;
- 1 teaspoon oil;
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonat (with a bit of lemon zest);
- 1 cup warm water;
How to prepare them?
- Start by mixing together the flour, bran mix, bicarbonate, salt, turmeric, oil and water respecting the quantities presented above in order to obtain a malleable dough.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes. Then spread it on the kitchen table and use a special form (or even a glass) to cut little forms.
- Put these forms on a tray (previously covered with baking paper) and put the biscuits in the oven for 20 minutes (10 minutes each side).
Take them out and serve them at breakfast or as a snack between meals. They are delicious! And the turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. These help the body fight against bacteria and protect the immune system against diseases. Have no doubts, these biscuits will keep you full and healthy!