The sunny weather is finally starting to give us amazing beach days. Yes, I’ve been dreaming of these for six months now and I can finally say that I’ve been blessed to enjoy a fabulous day at the beach today. But after a few hours laying in the sun as a dead animal I started to feel a little peckish. So I started wondering: what is the best food that one can bring to the beach?
You have to take into account various factors when thinking about this: you have no fridge, it’s pretty hot outside and you are not allowed to eat heavy foods if you want to go swimming. So what can be done in this situation?
Delicious Foods to Take to the Beach
1. Tomato pasta salad – a salad never hurt anyone, right? In this case a tomato pasta salad will keep you full for a long period of time, it’s easy to prepare and it’s healthy. What else can you wish for?
2. Trail mix – nuts, seeds, dried fruit, sweets and the list can continue in a multiple ways and combinations of flavors. According to the legend, Hadley Food Orchards was the one who invented the mix in 1968. This was meant for keeping a certain balance when doing strenuous activities.
3. Club sandwich – turkey, honey mustard, bacon, cheese, lettuce. How does that sound? For me it sounds amazing and it makes me hungry even when I’m not.
4. Popcorn – this is more of a snack than a meal, but let’s face it: when we are working so hard to get that body tanned we have to do whatever it takes to keep it happy. Just make sure you don’t choose a too salty version because you will be required to drink a lot of water and bloat.
5. Veggies – once again, these are not a full meal but they are the perfect choice for when you feel the need to eat something and don’t know what. In this case celery sticks, baby carrots, broccoli or cauliflower florets, slices of cucumber, cherry or grape tomatoes, etc. They all sound delicious!
6. Jelly rolls – hmmm just think of all the flavors you can put together. Your kids will enjoy a special treat. But this doesn’t mean you will just have to watch.
7. Fruit salad – and last but not least, fruits, our long-lasting friends. Bananas, apples, oranges, slices of pineapple, kiwi, mango, strawberries, peaches or blueberries. And if you don’t find fresh fruits you can also go for the frozen ones. They are just as tasty and healthy.
So now that you have these options, what are you waiting for? Off to the beach my darlings!