Junk food has become a serious issue in today's world. More and more people have…
The beauty of one’s hair is essential. Those who already enjoy this privilege might not understand what it means to gather a handful of hair after ever brushing, to feel your hair lifeless and to be embarrassed every time you feel someone is examining your hair. The sensation is not that great!
But few people actually know that ‘you are what you eat.’ This means that the diet you adopt can really influence the health of your body, including your hair, nails and skin. Being aware of the difference that a type of food can make is essential in order to remain beautiful and healthy. Thus, the following 10 types of foods can help you maintain your hair thick, glowing and without signs of breakage.
10 Types of Foods for Healthy Hair
1. Nuts – the substances that recommend nuts as a good promoter for healthy hair are the fatty acids and the zinc quantities. Many studies have shown that zinc deficiency leads to hair shedding. And remember that nuts are not the only ones: almonds, pecans and cashews can also help with maintaining your hair vigurous.
2. Beans – really? Really! If you want to have a healthy hair you have to include into your diet foods like beans or lentils. They contain high doses of proteins that encourage hair growth, stimulating the production of zinc, iron or biotin (a substance whose absence can lead to brittle hair).
3. Salmon – everyone knows that salmon is rich in omega oils and proteins. Healthy hair needs these nutriends in order to remain shiny and resistant. In this case, wild salmon is recommended because it doesn’t contain so many contaminants and it is more abundent in good nutrients.
4. Carrots – this vegetable contains loads of vitamin A, a substance that promotes the health of the scalp and improves the vision. A healthy scalp is the key to a well-conditioned hair. So keeping things under control is not hard taking into account that you can eat carrots as snacks or add them to salads.
5. Dark green vegies – It’s horrible to have to say this again but people are right. Eating dark green vegetables like broccoli, kale or spinach can fill up the body with vitamin A and C. The body makes use of these vitamins in order to produce enough sebum in order to maintain the hair strand healthy and naturally hydrated.
6. Oysters – although they’re more popular for their aphrodisiac features, they are also a fantastic source of zinc. This substance boosts the health of the hair and maintains it strong. But if oysters are not your favorite food, you can also get your zinc from beef, lamb, chickpeas or pumpkin seeds.
7. Avocado – avocado is the enemy of the brittle hair. It completely kills any atempt that dry hair has in making your life miserable. With a high content of omega-3 acids, avocado moisturizes the hair straight from the source. Of course, if you don’t like the taste of the avocado you can also use it as a hair mask, attracting protection from the outside. You just have to mash an avocado and apply it on the scalp. Keep it there for 20 minutes and then rinse with a lot of water.
8. Yogurt – Calcium is very important for the body because it promotes a healthy development of the bones, teeth, hair, skin and nails. Not to mention that it’s completely delicious, especially if you try out the Greek yogurt which can be combined with blueberries or walnuts.
9. Poultry – just because they have feathers it doesn’t mean they don’t understand your hair problems. So they sacrifice and give away their quality proteins in order to help you get rid of dry and discolored hair. Besides protein, poultry also features high amounts of iron which can stimulate the absorption of nutrients.
10. Eggs – and last but not least, eggs can improve the aspect of your hair because they contain vitamin B and biotin, important substances for a continous hair growth. Biotin is known for its contribution to a healthy and good-looking hair.
Include these 10 great foods into your diet and you will surely notice the difference!