Whether in the AG year, a few months between your studies or just looking for a new adventure – have you ever thought about a working vacation in Canada?
Does the idea of working for a few months and traveling Canada sound like something you fancy?
With us it is definitely possible!
Canada is home to some of the most beautiful and breathtaking scenery in the world, not to mention incredible wildlife (has anyone seen a bear before?), Some pretty epic cities to explore, and loads of adventures to experience .
Nobody is leaving Canada soon. The breathtaking natural beauty, the sheer expanse and the adventurous outdoor activities will leave you breathless. And it’s the perfect destination for a work vacation!
What is a working holiday?
The words “Working Holiday” don’t usually go together, do they? I mean, if you work, is it really a holiday?
Well, the idea of a working holiday is to go to work in another country. It contains get a local job for a few months to help fund your travels across the country. Many people are looking for short term jobs in several regions to explore this country in depth.
Working Holidays are an adventure of trying new things, exploring new travel destinations and making new friends around the world.
To like Global work & travel, Organizations help set up everything you need for your working holiday. From arranging job interviews with local businesses to helping with your Canada Working Holiday Visa application, transfers and accommodation, local experiences, a Canadian bank account and cell phone number, and much more.
How do you go on a working holiday in Canada?
If you log in with Global Work & Travel’s Canada Working Holiday Package, your team of experts will take care of all the necessary details for you. If you choose this route, you will arrive in Canada with confidence, knowing exactly what next steps to take in your trip (which means you will have more time to plan adventures!).
Global Work & Travel’s Canadian Working Holiday Package includes:
- Guaranteed pre-arrival interview at $ 11 an hour earnings (this helps as many companies don’t hire travelers)
- Unlimited additional interviews (if you want to go to a different destination)
- Dedicated travel coordinator
- Instructions for the Working Holiday Visa for Canada
- Personal travel concierge (a dedicated concierge who plans your flights, insurance, or other add-ons for your trip)
- Private airport transfer
- 4 nights in a hostel in downtown Vancouver
- Group orientation „Welcome to Canada”
- Local essentials (including Canadian SIM, help with setting up a local bank account and social security number)
- Vancouver sightseeing tour
- Vancouver Lookout Pass
- Day trip to Whistler
- Overnight in Las Vegas
- Permanent housing support
- Assistance with tax returns
- Ongoing support from our local team
- 24/7 global emergency number
- gWorld access
- Marketplace Offers
To qualify, you must be between 18 and 35 years old, be a citizen of an eligible country, and have no criminal convictions in the past five years.
How to Get a Work Holiday Canada Visa
Citizens from Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, Belgium, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden or Switzerland are entitled to the International Experience Canada (IEC) visa.
Here are the Canadian Visa Working Holiday Requirements:
- You must be between 18 and 30 years old (inclusive) – except for Australian, New Zealand, Danish, French, German, Irish, Italian, Norwegian, Swiss citizens up to and including 35.
- You need to attend a personal biometric point in a specific location to complete your visa application.
- Provide proof of funds; $ 2,500 to successfully obtain a visa at the time of visa application.
- You are not accompanied by dependent children.
- You have comprehensive travel insurance for the duration of your stay; You may need to provide proof of this insurance when entering Canada.
Currently (June 2021) only IEC participants with a Port of Entry Letter of Introduction and a valid job offer are now eligible to travel to Canada. You also need to be able to get back to work once you have completed your quarantine. Check the start date on your job posting before you travel.
You can view the most up-to-date information on Work Holiday Canada visas Here. The Global Work & Travel team offers visa advice.
Unfortunately, US citizens are not eligible for a Canadian Work Holiday Visa. If you are from the US, go on a working holiday in At thesotralia or New Zealand?
How much does a working holiday in Canada cost?
Working Holiday Canada trips with Global Work & Travel start at $ 2,594 and include the items listed above.
Additional costs include your flights, travel insurance, visa, criminal background check, souvenirs, and pocket money.
Types of Working Holiday Canada Jobs
You can find lots of seasonal jobs in Canada! Typical jobs on the working holiday are waitresses, ski instructors, fruit picking, hotel or resort jobs and tour guides. Most seasonal jobs do not require any prior knowledge, so you can explore something completely outside of your career path for a few months.
Global Work & Travel works with over 1,200 host organizations around the world – that means you have a whole range of options.
In Canada, some of their most popular working holidays are:
- As a forest worker in Yoho National Park (just outside of Banff).
- As a kayak and riding guide in Clearwater (a town near Kamloops in BC).
- As a wedding and event coordinator, social media manager and ax thrower in Agassiz (about 100,000 from Vancouver).
They also have spots for photographers, poolside bartenders, ziplining guides, white water rafting drivers, whale watching guides, bear sighting guides, fishing tour guides. There is pretty much something for everyone!
Working Holiday Canada Review
Here’s what a Global Work & Travel Canada Working Holidays participant had to say about her experience.
„Moving to Canada with the help and trust of Global Work & Travel was the best thing I have ever done.
The new experiences and personal growth were priceless. From hiking on Lake Garibaldi to learning to snowboard, seeing real moose in my garden and making friends and connections, I’ll always keep with me no matter where I am.
I’ve had the best year to travel and can’t wait to see where my next adventure will take me. Thank you to the Global team for your help!”- Helena Peters, Working Holiday in Canada
A working holiday in Canada will help you find your purpose, discover yourself and go home to know what you want to do with your life. Sometimes we have to get out of our comfort zone and do something completely different for a few months to gain more clarity in our lives. Plus, it’s fun to spend a couple of months!
Are you ready to brave the Canadian wilderness and live out your working holiday fantasies?
Get in contact with Global Work & Travel Now start the process!