points - Details)
Whether you want to explore the rugged natural beauty of the Appalachian Mountains, follow the fascinating Freedom Trail through Boston, or indulge in fresh lobster from the coast of Cape Cod, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all New England has to offer.
This spectacular region beckons with every season. In spring and summer, pretty postcard villages entice hardcore hikers with the promise of a cold beer. In fall, blazing foliage unfolds from north to south. And with some of the best skiing and snowsports areas in the whole of the US, winter won’t disappoint.
Our regularly updated guide brings New England to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our trademark illustrations.
• our pick of New England’s must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
• the best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
• more than 400 photographs and illustrations
• detailed maps, walks, and drives, which make navigating the country easy
• easy-to-follow itineraries
• more than 12 detailed maps
• expert advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
• color-coded chapters to every part of New England, from Massachusetts to Maine, Rhode Island to New Hampshire
• new lightweight format so you can take it with you wherever you go
Have less time or on a city break? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Boston or our pocket-friendly Top 10 New England.
From the Publisher
Welcome to New England
Explore New England’s dune-backed bays, breathtaking hikes, golden forest drives, world-class museums, delicious seafood and so much more with the help of your DK Eyewitness guide. Whether you’re here for a quick visit or a grand tour, we’ll help you navigate the very best the region has to offer.
In-depth area-by-area guides
Our in-depth area guides make traveling across New England easy, whether you want to traverse historic Boston, visit the Ivy League powerhouses of Harvard and Yale, get spooky in Salem, surf in Rhode Island, eat lobster in Maine, ski in New Hampshire or hike in Vermont—we’ve got you covered.
With so much to see, we’ve created expert-led special features that show how to travel in New England your way. Across in-depth double-page features, we look at how to experience the best outdoor adventures, enjoy world-class art galleries, relive history, taste the best food and get lost within the region’s 4,000 islands.
2 to 4 days
5 x 8 1/2″
4 x 7 1/2″