points - Details)
Our annually updated Top Ten travel guide breaks down the best of Athens into helpful lists of ten – from our own selected highlights to the best museums, places to eat, pubs, shops and festivals.
• Ten easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day-trip, a weekend, or a week
• Detailed Top 10 lists of Athens’ must-sees, including detailed breakdowns of the Acropolis, the Agora, the National Archaeological Museum, the Museum of Cycladic Art, the Roman Forum and Tower of the Winds, the Benaki museum, Kerameikos, the Byzantine and Christian museum, Philopappos Hill and the Temple of Olympian Zeus
• Athens’ most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out, and sightseeing
• Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip – things to do for free and unmissable experiences off the beaten path
• A free laminated pull-out map of Athens also featuring a metro map, plus over eight color area maps
• Streetsmart advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
• A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you’re on the move
DK Eyewitness Top 10s have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 2002.
Staying for longer and looking for a more comprehensive guide? Try our DK Eyewitness Greece, Athens and the Mainland.
From the Publisher
Top 10 Athens Sights
Find out what to see and do at the Acropolis, the Agora, the National Archaeological Museum, the Museum of Cycladic Art, the Roman Forum and Tower of the Winds, the Benaki Museum, Kerameikos, the Byzantine and Christian Museum, Philopappos Hill, and the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
Make the most of your time in Athens
This Top 10 guide also features the best archaeological sites, churches, museums, city strolls, activities for children, things to do for free, and must-see experiences off the beaten track.
Travel like a local
Discover the best sights, shops, cafes, and restaurants on offer in each of Athens’s areas. The pull-out map makes getting around a breeze, whether you are traveling by metro, by train, by tram, by bike, by bus, or simply on foot.
2 to 4 days
4 x 7 1/2″
5 x 8 1/2″