points - Details)
A flourishing city with a laid-back Californian way of life. San Diego has an incredible melange of things to do – fascinating historic sights, endless stretches of sandy beaches, a beautiful waterfront, a magnificent public park, and all within reach of stunning deserts and snow-capped mountains. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you’ll find your way around San Diego with absolute ease.
Our newly updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of San Diego into helpful lists of ten – from our own selected highlights to the best museums and galleries, places to eat, shops and festivals.
• Six easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day-trip, a weekend, or a week
• Detailed Top 10 lists of San Diego’s must-sees, including detailed descriptions of the Gaslamp Quarter, the Embarcadero, Balboa Park, Old Town State Historic Park, Coronado, Point Loma, Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcalá, Mission Bay Park, La Jolla and in San Diego’s East County
• San Diego’s most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, dining and sightseeing
• Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip – including children’s attractions, things to do for free and hidden gems off the beaten path
• A laminated pull-out map of San Diego, plus four color area maps
• Street-smart advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
• A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you’re on the move
Looking for more on San Diego’s culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness California or DK Eyewitness USA.
From the Publisher
Top 10 San Diego sights
Find out what to see and do at the Gaslamp Quarter, the Embarcadero, Balboa Park, Old Town State Historic Park, Coronado, Point Loma, Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcalá, Mission Bay Park, La Jolla, and in San Diego’s East County.
Make the most of your time in San Diego
This Top 10 guide also features the best historic sites, museums and art galleries, beaches, gardens and nature reserves, outdoor activities, performing arts venues and festivals, children’s attractions, things to do for free, and must-see experiences off the beaten track.
Travel like a local
Discover the best sights, shops, nightlife, cafes, bars, and restaurants on offer in and around San Diego. The pull-out map makes getting around a breeze, whether you are on foot, or traveling by road, rail, or water around San Diego and beyond.
2 to 4 days
4 x 7 1/2″
5 x 8 1/2″