Price: (as of - Details) For a limited time, receive a free Fodor's Guide to…
points - Details)
For a limited time, receive a free Fodor’s Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook! Go to fodors.com for details.
Ready to experience China? The experts at Fodor’s are here to help. Fodor’s Essential China travel guide is packed with customizable itineraries with top recommendations, detailed maps of China, and exclusive tips from locals. Whether you want to climb the Great Wall, explore the Forbidden City, or discover the Terracotta Warriors, this up-to-date guidebook will help you plan it all out.
This new edition has been FULLY-REDESIGNED with a new layout and beautiful images for more intuitive travel planning!
Fodor’s Essential China includes:
- • AN ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE GUIDE that visually captures the top highlights of China.
- • SPECTACULAR COLOR PHOTOS AND FEATURES throughout, including special features on Forbidden City, the Great Wall, Chinese food, the Terracotta Warriors, and Chinese tea.
- • INSPIRATIONAL “BEST OF” LISTS identify the best things to see, do, eat, drink, and more.
- • MULTIPLE ITINERARIES for various trip lengths help you maximize your time.
- • MORE THAN 60 DETAILED MAPS help you plot your itinerary and navigate confidently.
- • BRAND NEW HOTEL AND RESTAURANT REVIEWS in major cities like Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Chengdu, Xian and Kunming offer options for every taste.
- • TRIP PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS: guides to getting around, saving money and time, beating the crowds; basic Chinese language phrases; and a calendar of events.
- • LOCAL INSIDER ADVICE tells you where to find under-the-radar gems, along with the best tours.
- • HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL OVERVIEWS add perspective and enrich your travels.
- • COVERS: Lantau island and Victoria Peak in Hong Kong, The Great Wall of China, the Forbidden City in Beijing, Shanghai Disneyland in Pudong, the Terracotta Warriors in Xian, Chengdu, Sichuan and the Panda Breeding Research Center, Yangtze river cruises, Chongqing and more.
ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS: Each Fodor’s Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Planning on visiting Southeast Asia? Check out Fodor’s Thailand: with Cambodia & Laos, and Fodor’s Vietnam.
From the Publisher
Packed with color coded icons and beautiful images to help you easily plan your next adventure.
Itineraries, maps, travel tips, and other special features to acquaint you with the destination and provide honest recommendations to help maximize your time.
More Color Photos
The new Experience chapter provides the perfect mix of photos and the best of the best lists to fuel your wanderlust.
Travel Inspiration Overload
Visit fodors.com to continue your exploration.
Ready for more?
Complete your holiday planning with other guides from our series.
Connect with other travelers.
Visit the Fodor’s forums to get real time advice & recommendations from other travelers like you.