points - Details)
For a limited time, receive a free Fodor’s Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook! Go to fodors.com for details.
Ready to experience Ireland? The experts at Fodor’s are here to help. Fodor’s Essential Ireland 2020is part of the award-winning Fodor’s Essential series recognized by Booklist as the “Best Travel Guide in 2019.” This travel guide is packed with customizable itineraries with top recommendations, detailed maps of Ireland, and exclusive tips from locals. Whether you want to explore Ireland’s iconic coastal scenery, visit the Cliffs of Moher or the Ring of Kerry, or experience Ireland’s thriving arts and music scene, this user-friendly guidebook will help you plan it all out. Our local writers vet every recommendation to ensure that you not only make the most of your time, but that you also have all the most up-to-date and essential information you need to plan the perfect trip.
This new edition has been FULLY-REDESIGNED with a new layout and beautiful images for more intuitive travel planning!
Fodor’s Essential Ireland 2020 includes:
- • AN ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE GUIDE that visually captures the top highlights of Ireland.
- • SPECTACULAR COLOR PHOTOS AND FEATURES throughout, including special features on Dublin’s literary heritage, iconic sights like the Ring of Kerry and the Rock of Cashel, and the Anglo-Irish Georgian House. Other features shine a spotlight on cruising on the Shannon, hiking in the West, and Irish whiskeys.
- • INSPIRATIONAL “BEST OF” LISTS identify the best things to see, do, eat, drink, and more.
- • MULTIPLE ITINERARIES for various trip lengths help you maximize your time.
- • MORE THAN 20 DETAILED MAPS AND A FREE PULLOUT MAP help you plot your itinerary and navigate confidently.
- • EXPERT RECOMMENDATIONS ON HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS offer options for every taste.
- • TRIP PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS include: guides to getting around, saving money and time, beating the crowds; and a calendar of festivals and events.
- • LOCAL INSIDER ADVICE tells you where to find under-the-radar gems, along with the best walking tours.
- • HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL OVERVIEWS add perspective and enrich your travels.
- • NEW FEATURES include Top Castle Hotels and Manor Houses, Best Golf Courses, What to Buy in Ireland, and new Itineraries for Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way and Ireland’s Ancient East.
- • COVERS: Dublin, Belfast, Kerry, Clare, Galway, Cork, Belfast, Northern Ireland, the Aran Islands, the Ring of Kerry, The Giants Causeway, the Wild Atlantic Way, Killarney, Connemara, Trinity College, Dublin’s museums, the Book of Kells, Dingle, Donegal, Irish Castles and Monasteries, Irish Design, Irish Festivals and events, and more.
ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS: Each Fodor’s Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Planning on visiting England? Check out Fodor’s Essential England, Fodor’s London, and Fodor’s Essential Great Britain.
From the Publisher
HELPFUL PLANNING ADVICE
Find what you need faster with color-coded category icons and easier-to-read two-column text.
GORGEOUS COLOR PHOTOS
Beautiful photos packed throughout will fuel your wanderlust.
ITINERARIES AND MAPS
Itineraries, maps, travel tips, and neighborhood guides will acquaint you with your destination and help you maximize your time.
IN-DEPTH FEATURES AND EXPLANATIONS
Learn about history, culture, and more with in-depth spotlight features