(as of May 23,2021 11:28:05 UTC – Details)
Written by locals, Fodor’s travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
With its incredible natural beauty, vibrant neighborhoods, and endless energy, San Francisco is one of the most alluring of U.S. cities. This new edition is a traveler’s guide to the best of the best, from how to explore Golden Gate Park and the Mission District’s street art, to where to find the city’s top museums, boutiques, bars, and restaurants.
Fodor’s San Francisco includes:
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: A revised Marin County, Berkeley, and Oakland chapter covers everything hip and happening in this booming Bay Area. Bay Area peninsula towns like Moss Beach and Half Moon Bay give readers even more options for day trips. A revamped Wine Country chapter with new reviews on lush wineries and sumptuous new spas gives travelers reasons to head to Napa and Sonoma.
- ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: Full-color, magazine-style features illuminate the most distinctive aspects of San Francisco, including Chinatown, Alcatraz, the cable cars, the nearby wine country, city architecture, and more.
- INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: Features on top attractions, free things to do, and what to do with kids make it easy to plan a vacation. Best Bets charts for restaurants and hotels; easy-to-read color neighborhood maps; and tips on how to get around give easy access to the best of San Francisco.
- DISCERNING RECOMMENDATIONS: Fodor’s San Francisco offers savvy advice and recommendations from seasoned updaters to help travelers make the most of their time. Fodor’s Choice designates our best picks, from hotels to nightlife.
- COVERS: Union Square, Mission District, Castro, Chinatown, North Beach, Nob Hill, Golden Gate Park, Wine Country, and more.
Planning on visiting the rest of California? Check out Fodor’s state-wide guide to California, Fodor’s Northern California, Fodor’s Southern California, Fodor’s Napa & Sonoma, and Fodor’s San Diego.