points - Details)
For a limited time, receive a free Fodor’s Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook! Go to fodors.com for details.
Whether you want to explore ancient ruins in Rome, ride a gondola in Venice, see the Duomo in Florence, or visit Vatican City, the local Fodor’s travel experts in Italy are here to help! Fodor’s Best of Italy guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time.
This new edition has been FULLY-REDESIGNED with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
- • AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
• PHOTO-FILLED “BEST OF” FEATURES on „Best Hilltop Villages in Tuscany,” “Architectural Wonders in Venice,” and “Best Italian Cooking Classes”
• COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
• UP-TO-DATE and HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS covering the most recommended sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, and more
• MULTIPLE ITINERARARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
• SPECIAL FEATURES on “The Sistine Ceiling,” “Cruising the Grand Canal,” and “Hiking the Cinque Terre.”
• COVERS: Rome, Vatican City, Venice, Milan, Lake Como, Florence, Tuscany, Pisa, Naples, Sicily, and more.
• MORE THAN 35 DETAILED MAPS AND A FREE PULLOUT MAP to navigate confidently
• TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS on when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
• HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, geography, and more
• LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
• ITALIAN LANGUAGE PRIMER with useful words and essential phrases
• ILLUSTRATED FOOD FEATURES to help navigate the cuisines of every region in Italy
Planning on visiting France or Spain? Check out Fodor’s Essential France or Fodor’s Essential Spain.
ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS: Each Fodor’s Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images and the pull out map included in the physical edition.
This edition is printed on sustainably sourced paper.
From the Publisher
HELPFUL PLANNING ADVICE
Find what you need faster with color-coded category icons and easier-to-read two-column text.
GORGEOUS COLOR PHOTOS
Beautiful photos packed throughout will fuel your wanderlust.
ITINERARIES AND MAPS
Itineraries, maps, travel tips, and neighborhood guides will acquaint you with your destination and help you maximize your time.
IN-DEPTH FEATURES AND EXPLANATIONS
Learn about history, culture, and more with in-depth spotlight features
Visits focused on Rome, Florence, and Venice
Discovering Italy beyond Rome, Florence, and Venice
4+ days in Rome
4+ days in Florence and Tuscany
4+ days on the Amalfi Coast, Capri, & Naples