I've never been to Poland although I've met a lot of Polish people. Most of…
Spring is upon us, the Easter holidays have passed for the Catholic population, (the orthodox still have a tough week ahead) and most of us seek to follow a light diet that consists mainly of vegetables and fruits. I believe this is a very good choice especially since there is a large variety of vegetables on the market. And the recipes that can be made out of these. Delicious!
Cauliflower is an example in this case. It is not only extremely delicious but also very nutritive and versatile. You can do a million things with it. Both complicated recipes and simple ones. And speaking of simple ones, I think the following cauliflower and garlic salad will turn out to be very helpful when you are hungry and in a hurry.
Cauliflower and Garlic Salad ( No Egg Mayonnaise Included)
What you need for this salad?
All you need for this salad are 10 minutes of your time, one cauliflower, a head of garlic and some mayonnaise (made out of 200 ml water and 2 tablespoons of semolina).
How to prepare it?
1. Wash the cauliflower and put in a medium pot covered with water. Let it boil until it becomes brittle and can be crushed easily.
2. Meanwhile, peel the garlic and smash it with a fork. Mix these ingredients with a blender and add salt and pepper to taste.
3. The mayonnaise is easy to prepare. Just put the water and semolina over medium heat for a couple of minutes stirring form time to time. Let it cool for a bit and then add it to the cauliflower mixture.
This is not only delicious but also easy to prepare and can be combined with meat and other vegetables.
You should include cauliflower into your diet because it fights against cancer due to the sulforaphane, a sulfur compound that is known to kill cancer cells. In addition to this it is rich in vitamins and minerals (contains high doses of vitamin C, vitamin K, protein, riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, magnesium, vitamin B6, folate, phosphorus, fiber, pantothenic acid, manganese and potassium).
It also has anti-inflammatory properties, it supports the digestion and it boosts the health of your brain. Could you ask for more from this vegetable? I believe not!
3 Interesting Facts about Cauliflower
1. White cauliflower is overrated. While the orange cauliflower is way more delicious than the white one, the purple one is rich in tannins and it can be cooked just the way I like it: „al dente.”
2. Guess who’s the largest manufacturer of cauliflower in the world? You’ve probably guessed: China!
3. Cooking cauliflower for more than 30 minutes can decrease its health benefits with up to 75%.
Make cauliflower your friend and you’ll notice the differences!