Price: (as of - Details) Whether you are making a long grand tour or just…
points - Details)
• Practical information – planning your trip; when to go; suggesteditineraries; what to take; festivals and events
• City guides and maps – where to stay, where to eat, what to see in30 towns and cities; historical and cultural background
• Kilometre-by-kilometre route guides – covering train journeys from the coast intothe mountains, from temple retreat to sprawling metropolis; 33 route maps
• Railway timetables and frequency charts – Bullet trains and main routes
• Customs, etiquette, Japanese words and phrases –with kanji
• Thisnew edition also now includes:
• kanji/hiragana/katakana for all place names mentioned inthe book so readers can point to the text when asking Japanese speakers fordirections.
• The extension of the shinkansen route from Nagano toKanazawa. This is now called the Hokuriku shinkansen.
• Additional side trips from Tokyo including to Kawaguchi-kofor magnificent views of Mt Fuji, and to Mito for Kairakuen, the only one ofthe three great landscape gardens in Japan not currently mentioned in the book.
• Expanded coverage of Nikko, Nagasaki, the side trip to Asosan, Beppu, and many places in the Kansai region