Price: (as of - Details) Lonely Planet’s New Zealand is your passport to the most…
(as of Mar 17,2021 21:54:58 UTC – Details)
Lonely Planet: The world’s leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire the dramatic peaks and valleys of Fiordland National Park, stroll past bays and beaches of the Abel Tasman Coast, or scale an active volcano on the North Island, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Zealand’s trails and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Great Walks and itineraries sections show you the simplest way to tailor your trip around the best hikes to suit your own personal needs and interests
- Special features on clothing & equipment, hike safety and other non-hiking outdoor activities
- Essential info at your fingertips – including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews – including eating and sleeping reviews to towns and hiking destinations
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience – including history, environment and bird-spotting
- Over 75 maps
- Coverage of the Far North, Auckland Region, Tongariro, Mt Taranaki, Wellington Region, Marlborough, Abel Tasman, Nelson Lakes, Arthurs Pass, West Coast, Mt Aspiring, Queenstown Region, Fiordland, Stewart Island, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand, our most comprehensive guide to hiking in New Zealand, is perfect for those planning to explore New Zealand’s top hikes.
- Looking for a guide focused on New Zealand? Check out Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guide for a comprehensive look at what the country has to offer; or Lonely Planet’s Discover New Zealand, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on just the North or South islands of New Zealand? Check out Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s North Island guide or New Zealand’s South Island guide for a comprehensive look at what each of these islands has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Sarah Bennett, Lee Slater and Department of Conservation experts.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world’s leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet’s mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves; it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s everywhere, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)