points - Details)
Lonely Planet: The world’s leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Southern Italy is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Go island-hopping across the stunning Aeolian Islands, explore the fabled island of Capri, or wander through ghostly ruins of Pompeii -all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Southern Italy and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Southern Italy Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, cuisine, art, architecture
- Covers Naples, Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast, Campania, Puglia, Basilicata, Calabria, Sicily, Capri, the Aeolian Islands, the Ionian Coast and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Southern Italy, our most comprehensive guide to Southern Italy, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for a guide focused on Naples, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast, or Sicily? Check out Lonely Planet’s Naples, Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast guide or Sicily guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer; or Lonely Planet’s Best of Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world’s leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
From the Publisher
Welcome to Southern Italy!
Italy’s north may have the euros, but the south has the soul. Sun-bleached and weathered, this is Italy at its most ancient, complex and contradictory.
Southern Italy’s Top 11
Tips for first timers
Explore the outdoors
Regions at a glance
and much more…