points - Details)
Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet’s Western USAis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Spot geysers and grizzlies in Yellowstone National Park, wander the diverse neighbourhoods of San Francisco, and take a road trip along the iconic Pacific Coast Highway – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Western USA and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Western USA:
- NEW pull-out, passport-size ‘Just Landed’ card with Wi-Fi, ATM and transportation info – all you need for a smooth journey from airport to hotel
- Improved planning tools for family travellers – where to go, how to save money, plus fun stuff just for kids
- NEW Accommodations feature gathers all the information you need to plan your accommodations
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers California, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Pacific Northwest, Washington, Oregon, Rocky Mountains, Colorado, Southwest, Las Vegas, Arizona, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Western USAis perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, eBooks, and more.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves, it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s everywhere, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
From the Publisher
Welcome to Western USA
Landscapes and legends draw adventurers to the West, where a good day includes locavore dining, vineyard wine-sipping, Native American history and outdoor adventure.
Western cities have distinct personalities. In California there’s the ‘hey-bro’ friendliness of San Diego, the Hollywood flash of Los Angeles and silicon-meets-bohemian in San Francisco. Further north in Seattle, cutting edge joins homegrown, often over a cup of joe. And so many more!
This guide includes:
Western USA’s Top 25
And so much more!