As we all believe that planned vacations are exciting but there’s no doubt that unplanned…
(as of Mar 01,2021 18:11:49 UTC – Details)
- Flexible itineraries including a two week ‘Best of Japan’ and a week in and around Tokyo
- Strategic advice for spiritual seekers, anime fans, foodies, fashionistas, hikers, and more
- The top sights and unique experiences: Wander the shrines and temples of Ueno-koen park and stop in Tokyo National Museum for world-renowned Japanese art. Learn about samurai heritage in Sanmachi Suji or zazen meditation at the Buddhist temples of Kyoto, and get an unforgettable lesson in 20th century history at Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park
- Outdoor adventures: Hike the trails of Mt. Fuji or the river-filled valley of Kamikochi and relax in a communal onsen hot spring. Ski or snowboard at a world-class resort, surf in the Pacific off the coast of Shikoku, or dive along the coral reefs of Okinawa
- The best local flavors: Feast on ramen or an elaborate spread of sushi, sample fresh seafood at the world’s largest fish market in Tokyo, and drink your way through the famed beer scene in Sapporo
- Honest insight from American expat and longtime Tokyo local Jonathan DeHart
- Full-color, vibrant photos throughout
- Detailed maps and useful tips for navigating public transportation
- Focused coverage of Tokyo, Mt. Fuji, Kanazawa, Kyoto, Kansai, Hiroshima and Miyajima, Okinawa, Tohoku and Hokkaido, Shikoku and Kyushu, and more
- Thorough background information on the landscape, wildlife, history, government, and culture
- Handy tools including health and safety tips, customs and conduct, and information for LGBTQ, female, and senior travelers, as well as families and travelers with disabilities
From the Publisher
Take your perfect trip with Moon
Envision your perfect Japanese adventure with gorgeous full-color photos, flexible itineraries, and recommendations for the best things to see, do, and eat.
Experience Japan Like a Local
Longtime Tokyo local Jonathan DeHart gives his best advice for getting around, interacting with the locals, and creating a trip full of unique experiences.
Travel with Confidence
Know before you go with background information, maps, useful tips, and more.