(as of May 14,2021 10:40:15 UTC – Details)
- Flexible Itineraries: Drive the entire three-week route or follow suggestions for shorter getaways to Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego
- Eat, Sleep, Stop and Explore: With lists of the best beaches, views, restaurants, and more, you’ll cruise by sky-scraping redwoods, misty green rain forests, and the black sands of the Lost Coast. Slurp fresh-caught oysters, order up Julia Child’s favorite street tacos, or kick back with a craft beer. Dance down rainbow-colored streets in San Francisco’s Castro District, tour Seattle’s underground old city, and see the stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Maps and Driving Tools: 48 easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, detailed directions for the entire route, and full-color photos throughout
- Local Expertise: Californian Ian Anderson shares his love of the open road
- Planning Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, tips for driving in different road and weather conditions, and suggestions for seniors, travelers with disabilities, and road trippers with kids
From the Publisher
Hit the Road with Moon
Experience the West Coast
Drive all 1,700 miles for a full PCH tour, including the big cities, best small towns, and attractions on the coast. Want a quick getaway? Escape on day and weekend trips from the major regions or create your own trip with lists of the best beaches, restaurants, and vista points.
Follow Expert Advice
Californian and avid roadtripper Ian Anderson shares his best travel tips and favorite PCH activities. Avoid traffic on the road and crowds along your stops with recommendations for the best routes, pit stops, and outdoor activities, plus advice for traveling along the coast with kids.
Find Your Way
Traverse the coast on four wheels with turn-by-turn directions, travel maps, and other helpful planning and driving tools. Flexible itineraries make it easy to plan your perfect route, whether you’re dreaming of sliding down sand dunes or strolling through a seaside town.