(as of Apr 24,2021 07:26:58 UTC – Details)
- Diverse Hiking Options: Whether you plan to take breathtaking coastal walks in Oregon or challenging treks around Mount Rainier, enjoy outdoor getaways ranging from easy day hikes to multi-day backpacking trips
- Find Your Hike: Looking for something specific? Choose from strategic lists of the best hikes for waterfalls, wildflowers, bringing your dog, and more, plus a breakdown of the best hikes by season
- The Top Outdoor Experiences: Wander through the damp, dense greens of a rainforest in Olympic National Park or revel in a Mars-like red rock landscape in southeastern Oregon. Watch an orange sunset on a beach adorned with sea stacks or gaze into the mouth of a volcano crater. Catch a glimpse of a bighorn sheep, see actual wagon ruts on the historic Oregon Trail, and stroll through fields of wildflowers. Walk behind a waterfall or take in unbridled views of the downtown Portland skyline
- Nearby Fun: Kick back at a local brewery after your hike, find a nearby campground for a night under the stars, or enjoy a plate fresh oysters with an ocean view
- Essential Planning Details: Each hike is described in detail and marked with round-trip distance and hiking time, difficulty, terrain type, elevation gain, and access points
- Maps and Directions: Find easy-to-use maps, driving directions to each trailhead, and details on where to park
- Expert Advice: Seasoned hikers Craig Hill and Matt Wastradowski reveal their experienced insights, local secrets, and honest opinions of each trail
- Tips and Tools: Advice on gear, first aid, and camping permits, plus background information on climate, landscape, and wildlife
- Moon Pacific Northwest Hiking covers hikes in Washington and Oregon
From the Publisher
Explore the Great Outdoors with Moon
Find Your Hike
With lists of the best hikes for waterfalls, bringing your dog, and more for beginner and longtime hikers alike, you’ll have no problem finding the right hikes for you. Plus, find out where to relax afterwards with recommendations for the best bites and brews.
Hike Like a Pro
Washingtonian Craig Hill and Oregonian Matt Wastradowski share expert hiking advice, plus local secrets and insider tips that will help you make the most of your hike.
Prepare for Adventure
You’ll be ready to hit the trails with all the necessary planning tools, from detailed maps and helpful background information to thorough hike descriptions and ratings, plus gorgeous full-color photos.