points - Details)
- Flexible itineraries for 1 to 5 days in Rome, Florence, and Venice that can be combined into a longer trip, including side trips to Assisi, Siena, Pisa, and Lucca
- Strategic advice for foodies, art lovers, history buffs, and more
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Cycle the Borghese park on a sunny day, learn classic Italian recipes in a cooking class, and admire masterworks by Bernini, Botticelli, and Caravaggio. Hike to sprawling hilltop views of Florence, meander through historic museums, or catch the Gregorian chants being sung at the Duomo on a Sunday morning. Stroll through Venice’s fish markets, rent a kayak and explore the winding canals, and bask in the afternoon sun as you sip wine on a piazza
- Honest advice on where to stay, how to get around, and where to find the best regional cuisine, from pizza al taglio in Rome to gelato in Florence and fritto misto in Venice
- Local perspective from American-turned-Roman Alexei Cohen on his adopted home country
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on the landscape, history, and cultural customs of each city
- Handy tools such as visa information, an Italian phrasebook, and tips for traveling with children or as a senior
Experience la dolce vita your way with Moon’s practical tips and local insight.
Exploring more of Italy? Try Moon Milan & the Italian Lakes or Moon Amalfi Coast.
From the Publisher
Prepare for adventure
Moon Rome, Florence, Venice is designed to help you explore each of these dynamic cities in the way that suits your travel style. With a mix of inspiration and practical tips, this guide offers quick planning references like suggested itineraries and streamlined maps.
Combine cities with confidence
While most travelers go straight from Rome to Florence to Venice, you’ll be empowered to go at your own pace between the three cities with information on getting to and around each one, and to explore some of the less-traveled sights between them.
Save with smart travel tips
Use this book to find your way, whether that’s reading up on ordering coffee in Florence, how to cruise Venice’s canals on a budget, or figuring out how to navigate Rome with kids. You’ll also find daily reminders for when key sights are closed, advance booking and time-saving tips, and which sightseeing passes can help you save money.
Know where to go and why
Get inspired with colorful photos and helpful roundups of the best views, food, and drink. Along with identifying each city’s top experiences, author Alexei Cohen allows you to travel deeper with sidebars into local history and culture.