Price: (as of - Details) Lonely PlanetJapanis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice…
(as of Mar 09,2021 07:53:54 UTC – Details)
* UPDATED FOR 2020 – Now with more content, new maps and the latest tips and advice! *
Must-See Japan (2020 Edition) is your up-to-date, concise and best-value guide for discovering the top sights, the most delicious foods and the essential must-do activities in this fascinating and complex country. Written by an expert who has spent many years living in and traveling all around Japan, this book is full of inside information to help you discover some of the best things on offer, from popular tourist attractions to hidden gems even the locals don’t know. Offering detailed itineraries for trips lasting a week or a month, this guide will help you plan every detail of your stay in Japan.
Must-See Japan includes:
• Insider tips and advice on when and where is best to visit, so you won’t miss a thing
• Original maps for every major location
• Practical information on everything from buying tickets, to entering hot springs, to Wi-Fi!
• Detailed itineraries for making the most of your Japanese adventure, whether it be from a couple of days to a few weeks
• Travel tips and clear explanations on how to get around, including rail passes, trains and buses
• Honest reviews of a variety of hotels, hot springs, restaurants and attractions
• Essential app recommendations and links to useful websites
• Straightforward advice on what to do and how to do it, drawing on the personal experience of the author, a long-term resident of Japan
• Quickly find the information you need with the active table of contents and logical layout
• Beautiful photos throughout
• Unbeatable value for a guide packed with a decade’s worth of firsthand and trustworthy info
About the author
Tom Fay is a British author and freelance writer who has been living in Japan for over a decade. He has written extensively about the outdoors and travel in Japan, both online and in print, for The Guardian, Forbes Travel Guide, The Japan Times and many other media outlets.
He has a keen interest in landscape photography, and is the main author of the guidebook ‘Hiking and Trekking in the Japan Alps and Mount Fuji’ published by Cicerone Press (2019).