In the latest move by a state government to encourage residents to vaccinate, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy announced on Monday, May 3rdthat adults who show their vaccination card on a list of approved breweries in New Jersey will receive a free beer as a reward. The “Shot and Beer” program is now in place and will be available to all vaccinated adults by the end of May.
The plan is part of Murphy’s new „Operation Jersey Summer, “With state officials aiming to have 4.7 million New Jersey residents vaccinated by June 30th. Offering free beer is certainly one way to achieve this. As of Tuesday, the state of New Jersey 3.3 million vaccinated residents.
NEW: We’re launching our Shot and a Beer program to encourage eligible New Jersey residents 21 and older to get vaccinated.
Any New Jersey person who receives their first dose of vaccine in May and brings their vaccination card to a participating brewery will receive a free beer. pic.twitter.com/REiHTEa6mi
– Governor Phil Murphy (@GovMurphy) May 3, 2021
The following breweries will participate in the Shot and a Beer program, many of which are located near Jersey beaches. This makes them suitable for everyone who drives along the coast in good weather:
- Battle River Brewing in Tom’s River
- Bradley Beer Project in Bradley Beach
- Bolero Snort Brewing Company in Carlstadt
- Brix City Brewing Company in the small ferry
- Carton brewery in the Atlantic highlands
- Flounder Brewery in Hillsborough
- Flying Fish Brewing Company in Somerdale
- Gaslight Brewery and Restaurant in South Orange
- Hackensack Brewing Company in Hackensack
- Kane Brewing Company in the Ocean community
- Small dog brewery in Neptune
- Magnifying Brewing Company in Fairfield
- Riverhorse Brewing Company in Ewing
To get a free beer, you must be a resident of New Jersey, have your vaccination card and, of course, 21 and older.