Articole recente
Follow Us
Articole recente

Food and Travel Blog

Best Travel Stories, local food stories, food recipes, travel and food news and more!

Orkla acquires the Finnish food service business Fort Deli

Orkla - expanding its presence in the Finnish food service

Orkla – expanding its presence in the Finnish food service

Norway-based food company Orkla has announced the acquisition of Finnish food service business Seagood Oy Fort Deli at an undisclosed price.

Orkla has bought 80% of the shares in Fort Deli. Henrik Poulsen, CEO of Fort Deli, will keep the remaining 20% ​​of the shares and continue to run the company

According to Orkla, Fort Deli has a strong position in the Finnish hotel and catering market, which accounts for around 80% of the company’s sales.

It is an established supplier of frozen products, sauces – including the Hank and Nonna brands – and spices in Finland. Orkla hopes to combine its product portfolio with Fort Deli’s established customer relationships.

Jaan Ivar Semlitsch, President and CEO of Orkla, said: „With this acquisition we are continuing our strategy of investing in the food service and out-of-home market, which we see as significant future growth platforms.

„In addition, we are continuing our expansion in the growing Finnish home market, where both our branded goods business and our out-of-home business via Kotipizza are extremely dynamic.”

The Norwegian company’s latest investment in the Finnish market came in 2019 through the acquisition of the Kotipizza Group, which owns a chain of pizza restaurants.

Orkla operates through four companies in Finland. Their combined operating income in 2020 was EUR 425 million ($ 512 million).

Fort Deli employs ten people and achieved sales of EUR 8.7 million in 2020. The company was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Vantaa.