Junk food has become a serious issue in today's world. More and more people have…
A good diet is important for a healthy life full of energy. If you want to live amazingly and still enjoy your fair share of food you should think about including tasty snacks in your daily life. I know it’s complicated to think about cooking extra and paying attention to details. This is why the following list will save you from putting in too much work. Take a look!
10 Super Snacks Under 100 Calories
1. Chocolate banana – half of a frozen banana covered in a bit of melted chocolate can offer you a sweet treat for less than 100 calories. Choose dark chocolate to satisfy your cravings because the banana gets you covered with the potassium.
2. Grilled pineapple – it sounds weird, but 2 slices of pineapple freshly grilled can offer a refreshing and delicious alternative to an unhealthy snack.
3. Apples – one medium apple (peel included) contains approximately 70 calories and loads of antioxidants that protect the brain and skin from aging.
4. Smoked salmon and cream cheese – everyone wants a bit of sophistication from time to time. Use 48 g of smoked salmon cut into strips stuffed with 20 g of soft cheese and sprinkle 2ml of lemon juice on top. Delicious and only 106 kcal!
5. Homemade popcorn – who doesn’t like popcorn? Filled with fiber and delicious, 20 g of popping corn and 1 tablespoon of oil can represent a fantastic snack that will keep you full for a longer period of time.
6. Mini-quesadilla – believe it or not, quesadilla can serve as a healthy snack if you use an ounce of low-fat cheddar cheese and a corn tortilla. Fold everything in half and put it in the microwave for around 20 seconds.
7. Blueberry smoothie – liquid or solid, snack should keep you full and offer you a high level of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals. Blend in 1/3 cup of nonfat yogurt, 2/3 cup of frozen blueberries and ice. Cold and refreshing, this drink will take you to paradise.
8. Tomato soup – this type of soup contains nutrients that can fight diseases and no cholesterol. If you go for the canned soup check the label to make sure it is low in sodium.
9. Soy and sesame kale chips – just make sure you don’t crowd the leaves on the baking sheet or leave them too much because they can easily scorch.
10. Hummus and veggies – three tablespoon of hummus can give you around 82 calories and if you combine them with some celery sticks or carrots you can reach your 100 calories limit without feeling guilty.
One less thing to worry about for now! Enjoy!